USA Mint sells bullion in the form of coins, bars, rounds, and bullets. Coins tend to carry a higher premium, as they are legal tender produced by government mints. Rounds often have a lower premium because they are generally produced by private mints and are not considered currency. Bars also tend to have a low premium and are usually produced by private mints.
“Certified” coins have been graded and authenticated by the PCGS (Professional Coin Grading Service) or the NGC (Numismatic Guaranty Corporation). These coins are given serial numbers for verification and placed in plastic slabs. Certified coins are graded on a scale of 1-70, 70 being a coin in perfect condition.
“Junk silver” refers to any silver product containing 35%-90% silver (i.e., pre-1965 U.S. dimes, quarters, and half-dollars).
We recommend diversifying your investments across gold, silver, copper, and more. We sell a variety of sizes to accommodate any budget.
American Gold Eagles are 91.67% gold. To make the coin more durable, the other 8.33% is composed of silver and copper. When considering the weight of American Gold Eagles, one must account for the additional alloys. The 1 oz American Gold Eagle is composed of one troy ounce (approximately 31.1 grams) of gold. The silver and copper add approximately 2.8 grams, bringing the total weight of the 1 oz American Gold Eagle Coin to approximately 33.9 grams.
The US Mint stopped including mint marks on bullion coins in 2012. Only Proof and Burnished versions of the American Eagles have a mintmark. This may include “W” for West Point, “P” for Philadelphia, or “S” for San Francisco.
The Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) and the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) are both third-party services that grade and certify coins. They are the two most well-known and highly respected independent coin grading companies in the U.S. All coins listed as PCGS MS70 or NGC MS70 are in Mint State Perfect condition; however, the PCGS MS70 coins were certified as such by the Professional Coin Grading Service, whereas the NGC MS70 coins were given that grade designation by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
Those are both proof coins with a numerical grade of 69 on the Coin Grading Scale. PR is the designation the PCGS (Professional Coin Grading Service) uses to denote proof coins; PF is the designation the NGC (Numismatic Guaranty Corporation) uses.
Yes, 100%. We validate the authenticity of our products using state-of-the-art equipment, as well as thoroughly inspecting them to confirm their condition.
We list the majority of our pricing on our website, which can be found by searching for the product.
Minting processes vary from mint to mint. Some molds may have a smaller diameter with a larger thickness, whereas others may have a larger diameter but a smaller thickness.