Effective Date: February 6, 2020
- Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and, if you make a purchase, we may collect your social security number and financial/banking and/or billing and credit card information (collectively, “Personal Information”)
- Information about you but that individually does not identify you, such as your age or gender
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and your usage details
We collect certain information directly from you when you provide it to us. This information, including Personal Information, is collected through your use of our Services including:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our Website
- Records and copies of your correspondence
- Details of transactions you carry out with us or the fulfillment of your orders
As you interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. We currently do not respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
- How We Use and Share Information
We use information collected:
- To operate, provide, and enhance the Services and to provide the products, information, and services you request or sign up for through the Services or that may be of interest to you. For example, we will use your Personal Information to contact you with respect to information you requested
- To track and analyze usage trends and preferences in order to improve the Website and Services
- To personalize our Services and to monitor the operation and effectiveness of the Services
- To analyze aggregate Website usage metrics
- To send you Electronic Messages, including to notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer
- You have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications through links provided in the messages
- To engage in transactions with you and to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To respond to your requests
- To obtain third-party services from our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively, “Service Providers”), such as those providing analytics, web site management, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other similar services
- When we share Personal Information with our Service Providers, we require that they use your Personal Information only for the purpose of providing services to us and subject to terms consistent with this Policy
- To work with third-party companies, such as Facebook, Google, and Bing, to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to you based on your use of our Services and to collect and use data about your use of the Services
- These third-party companies may deliver ads that might also place cookies and otherwise track user behavior
- These third-party companies may use information about user behavior in order to provide customized advertisements across various websites, services, and products
- In the course of providing these websites, services, and products or placing advertisements, these third-party companies may place or recognize unique cookies on your computer and may record information to these cookies based upon your activities on our Website and on third-party websites. Each of these companies use cookie information according to their own privacy and security policies. If you do not wish to have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted advertising, you may opt-out as indicated below. Please note this does not opt you out of being delivered advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
- As we believe necessary or appropriate to protect the health and safety of our employees and operations or the employees or operations of any of our third party service providers
- As we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
Your information, including Personal Information, may be disclosed to our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively, “Service Providers”) in connection with their work on our behalf. We may also share information about you, including Personal Information, as follows:
- With your consent or at your direction
- With our company service providers for internal business purposes
- In connection with any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, or any other type of acquisition or other transaction, including a transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company
- To comply with the law, law enforcement, other legal process, or in response to a government request
- To protect rights, property, life, health, security, and safety
- For any other purpose disclosed elsewhere in or not inconsistent with this online privacy notice or at the time you provide the information
We may use, transfer, and disclose other information we collect for any purpose, except where applicable law requires otherwise. If we are required to treat other information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we will only use it in the same way that we are permitted to use and disclose Personal Information. Third-party activities using your information are subject to the privacy policies and practices of those third parties.
- Automatically Collected Information
Electronic Communications Protocols: We may automatically receive information from you as part of the communication connection itself, which may consist of network routing information (where you came from), equipment information (browser type or device type), your IP address (which may identify your general geographic location or company), and date and time. We may also automatically receive and record information about your interaction with the Services, such as how often you access the Services, performance data, aggregate usage, or general geo-location data.
We may collect and share the physical location of your device for purposes consistent with this Policy, such as to provide you with personalized location-based services or content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such use of your device’s location. If you choose to deny such use, we may not be able to provide you with personalized services or content.
We use both session ID cookies and tracking cookies. Session ID cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Website and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies help us understand how you use the Website and enhance your user experience. Tracking cookies may remain on users’ computers after they leave the Website. While many are set to expire within a certain time period following your last visit to the website that set the cookie, others may not expire because of their nature, like cookies that remember opt-out preferences.
Flash Cookies: We may use Flash cookies, also known as “local shared objects,” on our Website that employ Adobe Flash technology. Flash cookies are used to remember the Website’s settings to personalize the look and feel of the Website. Like normal cookies, Flash cookies are represented as small files on your computer. You may be able to prevent Flash cookies from being placed by adjusting your browser’s settings.
Managing Cookie Preferences: Your browser may provide you with information and control over cookies. You can set your browser to alert you when a cookie is being used, and accept or reject the cookie. You can also set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers. Users can generally disable the cookie feature on their browser. Cookies, however, are important to the proper functioning of a site and disabling them may degrade your experience and interfere with Website features and customizations. If you use your browser’s method of blocking or removing cookies, some but not all types of cookies may be deleted and/or blocked, and as a result some feature and functionalities of our Website may not work.
Embedded URLs: We may use a tracking technique that employs embedded URLs to allow use of the Website without cookies. Embedded URLs allow limited information to follow you as you navigate the Website but are not associated with Personal Information and are not used beyond the session.
Embedded Pixels and Similar Technologies: We may use embedded pixel technologies for the purposes of identifying unique user visits (as opposed to aggregate hits) and for advertising purposes. These are small graphic images embedded in our Services. Embedded pixels or other technologies may be used in emails and our online display advertising to provide information about when the email was opened or the advertisement was clicked on to track marketing campaign responsiveness. Information collected using these technologies may be associated with your email address.
- Preferences and Opt-Out.
You may opt out of e-mail marketing by using our general unsubscribe automated link that is included in our marketing e-mails. To opt out of text messages, please text STOP to 66463. If you have any problems using any of these opt-out mechanisms, please contact us at Corporate@usamint.com.
Some non-marketing communications are not subject to general opt-out, such as communications related to customer services and disclosures to comply with legal requirements.
Cookies and Do Not Track Preferences. You may opt out of cookies by using your browser settings. We do not process or recognize any Do Not Track signals.
Information-Sharing Choices. We may only share Personal Information with selected companies after providing you the ability to make choices about the sharing, or as otherwise described in this Policy. There are limitations to opting out of such sharing in the case of: (1) where you have previously requested the sharing of your Personal Information with these companies; (2) where third parties are required to perform a service in connection with our provision of Services to you; and (3) where required by law.
For California Residents. Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as S.B. 27), if you are a California resident and your business relationship with us is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding our disclosure, if any, of Personal Information to third parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at Corporate@usamint.com. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide you, by e-mail, a list of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the third parties’ names and addresses. Please note that not all Personal Information sharing is covered by S.B. 27’s requirements.
To opt-out of receiving text messages, please text STOP to 66463.
- Updating and Correcting Your Information
You may request to review, correct, update, suppress, remove, or otherwise modify any of your Personal Information that you have provided to us through our Services by contacting Corporate@usamint.com. You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to us. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. In your request, make it clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information that you have provided to us.
We will make a good faith effort to make the changes in our then-active databases as soon as practicable. While the majority of questions and issues related to access can be handled quickly, complex requests may take more research and time.
Note that you may be asked to verify your identity before receiving a response to such requests. Please be aware that if you delete your Personal Information, you may not be able to continue to use our Services. Even if you request that we delete your Personal Information, we may retain your Personal Information in compliance with our legal obligations or as otherwise permitted by applicable laws, to satisfy our legal, audit and/or dispute resolution requirements. We may also retain your non-Personal Information indefinitely. If you have privacy concerns regarding access to or the correction of your Personal Information, please contact us at Corporate@usamint.com
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information that you have provided to us.
While the majority of questions and issues related to access can be handled quickly, complex requests may take more research and time. In such cases, issues will be addressed, or you will be contacted regarding the nature of the problem and appropriate next steps, within thirty days.
- Retention and Deletion
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you the Services, as needed for purposes outlined in this Policy or at the time of collection, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or to the extent permitted by applicable law. At the end of the retention period, we will delete your Personal Information in a manner designed to ensure that it cannot be reconstructed.
- Advertising and Third Party Websites
The Services may contain links to websites and services provided by third parties and we will not share your personal information with any of those parties. Any Personal Information you provide on third party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies, if any, governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services. You should read the third parties’ privacy policies before providing them with your personally identifiable information.
Some information about your use of our Services, certain third-party websites, and other locations may be collected using the automated processes described in Section 3 across time and services and used by us for purposes such as to associate different devices you use and to deliver interest-based advertising and other content to you on the Services, certain third-party websites, and other locations.
The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We use commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and your transfer of your Personal Information to us is at your own risk.
In the event that your Personal Information is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notification, we will notify you promptly consistent with the needs of law enforcement and our Company to determine the scope of the breach and to investigate and restore the integrity of the data system.
- Users Outside the United States
- Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not directed to children, we do not market to children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you believe that we have collected the Personal Information of a child without appropriate consent, please notify us so that we may immediately delete the information from our servers and make any other necessary corrections in accordance with applicable law.
- Contact Us
Century Plaza Towers 2029 Century Park East
Los Angeles California
USA Mint cannot guarantee, and makes no representation, that any metals purchased by a customer will appreciate at all or appreciate sufficiently to make a profit, and there is no certainty that any metals can be sold for a profit. The future value of the coins you purchase cannot be predicted. You could lose money. Don’t purchase USA Mint products with money you can’t afford to lose. Prices may rise and fall over time or rapidly. Past performance of any coin does not guarantee future results. Premium coins are sold for more than the value of the precious metal they contain. USA Mint’s prices and buy-back prices are determined and controlled by USA Mint. This purchase is speculative and unregulated.